lilly no.1

lilly no.1
the first library lilly

Friday, March 14, 2008

Week #6

YouTube.
Since starting up with Learning 2.0 I have come the appreciate YouTube as an educational tool.
After today, Week#6 library lilly, I was confronted by my own short sighted bias brought on by not looking past the clips that I saw friends posting to me. I thought they were good fun, though mostly shallow, humor. No more. Today I discovered a clip showing Piet Mondrians paintings evolving out of one another as only video can, accompanied by a favorite piece of music composed by Phillip Glass. A simple joy, conveyed by complex technology. What a beautiful way to introduce Mondrian to anyone.
Now, will I be able to embed it here, so if, someone looks at my blog, they can share the beauty too.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Gorgeous lily, and I loved the Mondrian video. Everyone doing this Learning 2.0 is discovering such great things and sharing them - and that's what it's all about.

Victoria

Bambino Velostra said...

That was a wonderful video to post. I admit to never having heard of Mondrian before, but I love Philip Glass. I also love Michael Nyman. Thanks for posting the video!